Jan 9, 2017 / By
Seven Reasons To Use Social Media Marketing For Your Business
In 2015, research showed there are over 3 billion internet users—and from that over 2 billion of them have active social media accounts. The internet has become a huge part of business and life. In fact, walking through the city, you struggle to spot those who AREN’T on their phone- scrolling through social media or surfing the net. The online world is a big thing, and with that- it creates huge opportunities and potential. No matter what industry you’re in, what your goals are, there’s a lot to gain from social media marketing. Let’s run through just a few of the benefits…
- Brand Recognition: You want to get under the noses of your target audience. You want to be seen; to be heard, which is why being online is a brilliant place to start. With clever content management, you can get across what you do and why you do it so well in fun, engaging ways. Not only will people become familiar with this, but it’ll also get people talking, “Did you see -your company- do –this– or -this-?!“ See you can create your own PR online to achieve different things. Visual giveaways or competitions always work well. The key is to think outside the box.
- More Credibility– Posting insightful and well-written content on your social media platforms is a great way to become an ‘expert’ or leader in your field- especially when your content is focused on your chosen area. Showcase your knowledge, share your professional opinion and focus on adding value. Now alongside this, you need to grow your network, because large number of followers (particularly with a low number following) creates a lot of respect online. It promotes your authority and it takes time to grow, but the more credible you come, the more momentum you’ll gain online and ultimately: the more business you will acquire with minimum effort.
- Increased Website Traffic: Paying for SEO & Google Ads can become pretty pricey right?! Not only this but, studies have shown that social media has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than outbound marketing. A higher number of social media followers tends to improve trust and credibility in your brand (as it acts as social proof). This means, effective social media not only increases website traffic but when they DO click through to your site from there, the conversion rates are a lot better. It pays to invest in social: the stats speak for themselves!
- Lead Generation: I’ll let you into a little secret now. As a serial entrepreneur, I don’t do ‘cold-calling’, I reach out to people online and follow up via the phone once they’ve requested to speak further- that’s just good business practice. But with an effective social media strategy, all of my business either comes to me from the content I’ve shared and the interest I’ve generated, or I run online campaigns for targeted lead growth. On Linkedin for example, once you’re connected with an individual- when you send them a direct message they will get this through to their personal email address, giving you access to people you would otherwise usually be blocked by from their gate-keeper. Better yet, when choosing to expand your network you can search job roles, locations, industries, etc, so you’re able to find and work on your target audience. Social media marketing is incredibly cost effective, time effective and actually really works. Here, take a few pointers from our free Eguide: ‘How To Increase Sales by 50% Using Social Media’ as that goes a step further not only to generating leads, but also converting them.
- New Opportunities: Similarly to being able to generate new leads, by being active on social media, you’re also making it easier for you to be found. Without this, your inbound traffic is limited to people already familiar with your brand and individuals searching for keywords you currently rank for. Every social media profile you add is another path leading back to your site, and every piece of content you syndicate on those profiles is another opportunity for a new visitor. The more quality content you put on social media, the more inbound traffic you’ll generate, and more traffic means more leads and more conversions.
- Improved Brand Loyalty: According to a report published by Texas Tech University, brands who engage on social media channels enjoy higher loyalty from their customers. The report concludes “Companies should take advantage of the tools social media gives them when it comes to connecting with their audience. A strategic and open social media plan could prove influential in morphing consumers into being brand loyal.” And, even if they aren’t your customers yet- they’re more likely to be when the need pops up! Why? Because when done properly- you can make your business more humanised through social media, get your company personality across, get people connecting with you as individuals and all of this works towards more trust and more loyalty.
- Better Customer Service: Follow your target audience online, interact, respond, engage and you can even monitor your competitors! Social media is also a great place to judge the level of customer satisfaction. Sometimes a customer won’t reach out to you if they have a problem, but will go ahead and post a complaint online. Many consumers now using social media as a point of contact with a brand, and expect a response. The Social Habit reports that 42% customers who reach out to brands online expect a response within the hour. Likewise, if they have a question and can see you active on social media, it’s far easier to pop you a quick tweet or direct message if they’re already online, than it is to fill out forms, wait for replies or have to phone up when they’re on the move. Having a presence online has kind of become something that is ‘expected’ now. Social media is a huge part of everyday life, so it’s important to show you’re aware of this and following your customer trends. If you miss this trick, you let competitors get ahead.
In summary, Social Media Marketing is cost effective, enables you to increase sales in a new way, and whether you’re investing time or money: when done properly, you will see that return.
Got any questions? Pop them in the comments box below. We’d also love to hear your thoughts, so don’t be shy to reach out. Don’t forget to grab our FREE Eguide: ‘How To Increase Sales by 50% Using Social Media’ here, and why not check out our other posts whilst you’re at it?!
Thanks for reading.
-Blue Monkey Social Media-